Welcome to Central West Virginia Transit Authority
CHESTNUT STREET DETOUR
BEGINNING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2016 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Transfer Station to Adamston
- Adamston To Milford Street
- Milford To Liberty to Camden
- Camden to Chestnut to VA
- VA to Highland/allenmed/cc
- Highland to Rosebud to Oak Mound
- Oak Mound to Food Lion to Milford
- Milford to Main Street Bus Shelter
Centra provides over 200,000 trips and travels more than 400,000 miles a year. All Centra's vehicles are ADA accessible for demand response service along with our fixed routes
Servicing over 30,000 seniors per year and over 100,000 disabled Centra coordinates service with Fairmont Marion Transit, Harrison Senior Citizens Center and WV Community Action.
If you have any questions about the information on this web site, or want to talk with us about your transportation needs, please call us at (304) 623-6002.
Thank you for choosing CENTRA! Welcome Aboard!
Part Time Dispatch and Ticket Sales Position
February 17, 2017
The Central West Virginia Transit Authority is accepting applications for PART TIME dispatcher and ticket salesperson. Responsible for ride coordination with customers, driver scheduling, dispatch of drivers via radio, ticket sales, general office and cashier tasks. Excellent Customer Service skills and computer data entry skills required.
Please send résumé and cover letter to: DISPATCH / OFFICE ADMIN, P.O. Box 430, Clarksburg, WV 26302. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board of Directors Meeting
February 1, 2017
You are hereby notified that a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Central West Virginia
Transit Authority is scheduled for Friday, February 3, 2017 at 9:00 am in the CENTRA Training Room.
- Call to Order
- Roll call of members and determination of quorum
- Approval of Minutes from October 2016 meeting
- Public Comment
- General Manager Report
- Finance Report and Banking
- Route Analyst Report: New Route
- 3-year Comprehensive Planning meeting discussion
- Consideration of bus advertising for local business
- Board Member Appointment Issues
- Executive Session: Personnel Issue, Union Contract Negotiations update, Discussion of Library Recommendations
New Bus Schedules
December 30, 2016
Please review the new bus schedules. They are effective 01/01/2017.
Free Ride Card NoticeEffective 01/01/2017
ONLY TWO TYPES OF FREE RIDE CARDS WILL BE ISSUED BY CENTRA:
- Riders age 65 and older
Proper documentation of age or veteran status must be provided to centra before issuance of free ride cards. Examples: driver’s license, birth certificate, form dd-214, military veteran id
Replacement cards can be purchased for a $10 fee to replace lost, stolen, damaged cards. Replacement cards will follow new guidelines for age and veteran status.
NO NEW DISABLED FREE RIDE CARDS WILL BE ISSUED
Inclement Weather Notices
Check back here for closures/delays due to weather conditions. CENTRA will contact local radio stations and local television stations whenever possible to let the public know of these delays/closures. We will also post this information on our TWITTER feed (below) when possible.